The SACU welcomes applications to become an affiliated club.
There are many benefits to becoming a SACU affiliated club. The SACU are a not-for-profit Governing Body of sport recognised and supported by sportscotland. By joining us as a club, you will be able to apply for permits to run your own events, gain access to top insurance provisions and have access to SACU stewards as well as the SACU development staff.
- Event organisers hosting SACU permitted events have insurance coverage of up to £30 million!
- New and existing clubs affiliating to the SACU also have access to the, ‘Return to Riding,’ fund which was set up to help clubs purchase sanitation equipment to run events during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Only Scottish permitting authority that can access the the sport's World Governing Body - Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM)
- Only Scottish permitting authority that can access Forestry and Land Scotland (FLS) land for motorcycle sport
- Only motorcycle sport permitting authority directly signed off by Scottish Government to deliver a safe return to sport during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Only permitting authority whose insurance is endorsed by the National Farmers Union (NFU)
How To Apply
Download and complete the application form below. Once complete, return to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to 28 West Main Street, Uphall, EH52 5DW along with a copy of your club's constitution and £50 affiliation fee.
Unsure of The Appropriate Legal Structure For Your Club?
Within the guide, the following legal structures will be explained:
- Unincorporated Association
- Company Limited by Guarantee (CLG)
- Company Limited by Shares (CLS)
- Community Interest Company (CIC)
- Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO)