Travel guidance outlined by the Scottish Government should ALWAYS be followed. Further information on what travel is permitted is available at Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance on travel and transport.
Information for each local government area, including their level is available at Coronavirus (COVID-19): local protection levels including a post code checker.
Specific information on car sharing is available from Transport Scotland: advice on how to travel safely.
Sport & Physical Activity Participation
Participants can take part in organised sport and physical activity based on their local government area Level as detailed in Table A.
When a participant travels out with their local government area they should follow the travel guidance detailed below.
- Children & Young People (17 years or under)
- Participants aged 17 years or under can travel to and from Level 0, 1, 2 and 3 areas to take part in organised sport, training, and competition.
- Children and young people can also travel to and from a Level 4 area, if for example, they belong to a club which is outside their own local government area. This flexibility is to allow children and young people to take part in sport or organised activity, but they should travel no further than they need to. If attending a sport/activity in a Level 3 area or below, Level 4 guidance will apply to the whole activity e.g. 12 to 17-year-old outdoor activity should be restricted to non-contact and include a maximum of 15 participants.
- Children and young people living in a Level 3 or 4 area can also travel out with their local government area to take part in informal exercise such as walking, running or cycling. Such activity should follow Scottish Government ‘local protection levels’ guidance.
- Adults (18 years or over)
- Participants aged 18 years or over can travel to and from a Level 0, 1 and 2 area to take part in organised sport, physical activity, training and competition. They should not travel to a Level 3 or 4 area.
- Adults living in a Level 3 area should only travel locally or to another Level 3 area to take part in organised sport or physical activity as outlined in Table A.
- Adults living in a Level 4 area should only travel locally to take to take part in organised sport or physical activity.
- Adults living in a Level 3 or Level 4 area can also travel out with their local government area to take part in informal exercise such as walking, cycling, golf or running. Such activity should follow Scottish Government ‘local protection levels’ guidance.
Table A: Travel Summary (Sport and Physical Activity Protection Levels)
Table B: Travel Summary (Organised Sport and Physical Activity)